Additional information to plan your visit to Bruges.

About 2018-05-18T20:06:17+00:00

Renovation Update

The renovation project of the hotel started October 2016 and the first phase is expected to be completed in two years.  First the new reception was opened in June 2017, while work on the neighbouring building is ongoing.

As expected we do our utmost to minimise the impact to our guests, and work only commences around 7h30 in the mornings.  Most days our guests will not notice any disturbance.  On weekends and bank holidays no work is carried out and by May 2018 most of the heavy construction work will be completed.

Until completion of the first phase some rooms are not accessible by elevator and a maximum of 2 floors of climbing might be necessary.  Check with the hotel to see which room types still have elevator access.

For any further questions we will gladly assist further by phone or by email.


Although there is no parking at the hotel, the reception can reserve a parking place in the nearby underground parking ‘t Pandreitje.
This parking is located about three minutes walking from the hotel and reserved spaces cost 10 Euro per 24hrs.  The hotel can reserve spaces up to 4 days prior to arrival as we need to receive confirmation from the parking management.

The normal rate at ‘t Pandreitje is 8.70 Euro per 24hrs and most days of the week no reservation is needed. It is recommended to reserve a space if you would arrive on weekends, bank holidays or vacation periods between 12h and 20h.  On rare occasions it can also be fully booked outside these time frames.

The official location of the parking is Gevangenisstraat 10, however when using a Satellite Navigation system it is recommended to enter the street ‘Park’ as destination as this is the location of the car entrance.

More information on http://prod.interparking.be/en/find-parking/Pandreitje/

Short history

The hotel is located on the wollestraat, by a small courtyard and overlooking the canals.  This courtyard was part of a brewery since 1894 until it was converted in residential buildings by designed Architect Raison in the 1930’s.  When the brewery was still active the hotel building was the administrative building while the opposite side, where Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce is located used to be the brewery installations. More information can be found in dutch on http://www.thamerken.be/brouwerijgeschiedenis/ROZENHOEDKAAI.htm